The North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) is launching a 2020 high school poster contest that aims to engage the creative minds of Michigan's students enrolled in grades 9 through 12 and encourage careers in automotive design.
The poster must be an original piece of artwork, 18 inches by 24 inches in size, two-dimensional and camera-ready. Entries will be accepted until Dec. 19, 2019, and public judging by vote will begin in March 2020.
Finalists will have the opportunity to engage their networks to rally support and votes through digital media for a chance to win a $1,000 award.
The top 30 finalists will have the chance to win in the following categories:
- Chairman's Award – $1,000
- State Farm Award – $1,000
- Designer's Best of Show Award – $500
- Best Theme – $250
- Best Use of Color Award – $250
- Best Traditional Award – $250
- 1st Place: 9th/10th Grade – $500
- 1st Place: 11th Grade – $500
- 1st Place: 12th Grade – $500
- 2nd Place: 9th/10th Grade – $250
- 2nd Place: 11th Grade – $250
- 2nd Place: 12th Grade – $250
- 3rd Place: 9th/10th Grade – $100
- 3rd Place: 11th Grade – $100
- 3rd Place: 12th Grade – $100
An independent panel of judges that includes 2020 NAIAS Chairman Doug North, a General Motors automotive designer, a College for Creative Studies instructor and a State Farm auto insurance representatives will choose the final winners.